Owned By: Town of Scituate
A landing reserved for the town’s commercial lobster fleet, located at the western end of Cole Parkway. For members and guests only. There is a noticeable lack of water depth at low tide.
This landing was donated to the town on the condition that fishermen would always be allowed to use it. Lobstermen constructed it with surplus marina floats provided by the Harbormaster. Learn more about Lucien Rousseau here.
This land is within the region of the Massachuseuk (or Massachusett) Native American tribe.
Interpretive signage along the Harborwalk offers this history of the area: “The period of time between the mid 1600’s through the mid 1800s defined Scituate as one of the most prosperous harbors between Boston and New Bedford. As maritime based industries grew along the waterfront, the wharf area became the center of activity for the Town. Numerous men listed their occupation as shipwrights, chandlers, coopers, blacksmiths, carpenters and sail makers. Serving trade and travel, a ship yard, tide mill, lumber mill and livery covered the area where (the Mill Wharf Marina and restaurant) now stand. … Schooners, barks, brigantines and whaling ships were built and sailed from Scituate to destinations around the world.”
Adjacent to the Scituate Harborwalk, a concrete walkway (with a guardrail) that extends for a half mile, along Scituate Harbor and Satuit Brook, with beautiful water views.
Habitats and Wildlife
Located on the Atlantic Ocean at Scituate Harbor.
Historic Site: No
Boat Launch: No
Parking: Ample on-site parking.
Boat Ramp: No
ADA Access: No
Scenic Views: No
Waterbody/Watershed: Scituate Harbor (Atlantic Ocean)