A sheltered spot for winter mooring in earlier times. Now many lobster boats are kept here year-round. Water access only.
The Thomas Pincin family were among the early settlers of Scituate. A hill near Greenbush is named for them.
John Barker, who ran the future White’s Ferry in 1641, drowned at Pincin’s Bank in 1652. It was a popular mooring spot.
Habitats and Wildlife
Pincin’s Bank is situated at the mouth of Little’s Creek. The creek originates in springs on Telegraph Hill and Carolina Hill in Marshfield. Following the course of Church and Elm Streets, it flows through Keene’s Pond and then winds through the salt marsh before emptying into the South River on the northwest side of Ferry Hill.
Historic Site: Yes
Parking: Water access only. No public parking.
Boat Ramp: No
ADA Access: No
Scenic Views: Yes