Owned By: Private
Ships were built here around 1800, but little is recorded about them. Historic site only – no public access.
Seabury’s Point was a shipbuilding site for a brief time. Later it was known as Seabury’s Woods. Robert Magoun built a single ship here, and George & Thomas Turner were active here as well.
The location is named for John Seabury of Duxbury, who died before 1662. Pembroke was part of the town of Duxbury until it incorporated as its own municipality in 1711.
This land is within the region of the Massachusett (or Massachuseuk) Native American tribe. Prior to European contact, the Mattakeeset band of the Massachusett lived for thousands of years in the North River watershed. Their village included most of today’s Pembroke and Hanson. The word “Mattakeeset” means “place of many fish.”
Historic Site: Yes
Boat Launch: No
Hours: Dawn to Dusk
Parking: No public parking.
Trail Difficulty: No trails.
Boat Ramp: No
ADA Access: No
Scenic Views: Yes
Waterbody/Watershed: North River