June 12 @ 5:00 pm - June 14 @ 12:00 pm
Join NSRWA for a fun weekend of fishing!
$3,000 in cash and additional prizes for winning anglers!
Premier sponsor VERC Enterprises
Pick Up Locations and Times
Preregister online and pick up your packet in a socially distanced manner at one of 3 locations.
Participants can pick up their tournament packet or register day of at:
- Belsan Bait & Tackle
4 Brook Street, Scituate, MA
Friday, June 12 – 12:00-7:00pm
Saturday, June 13 – 5:00am-12:00noon
- Goose Hummock Shop
15 Rte. 6A, Orleans, MA
Friday, June 12 – 1:00-6:00pm
Pickup of tournament packet only (Registration must be completed online):
- Hull Bait and Tackle
288 Atlantic Ave, Hull, MA
Friday, June 12 – 3:00-5:00pm
- The tournament starts at 5:00 pm Friday, June 12, and catch records can be submitted for eligibility from then until 12:00 noon on Sunday, June 14.
- Wrap-up and awards will be held via Zoom meeting. A link to the Zoom meeting will be sent to all participants.
- This is a catch and release only tournament. Click here to see a video from the National Park Service on proper catch and release techniques.
- Winners will be chosen from photos submitted within time limits of tournament only. Submit catch pictures by texting or e-mailing: email@example.com.
- Catch records will not be considered eligible before 5:00 pm Friday, June 12 or after 12:00 noon on Sunday, June 14.
- Online registration closes on Friday, June 12 at 12:00 noon.
- Adult entries are $70 pre-registration, $75 day of. Children 12 and under will be $35 pre-registration $40 day of.
- All participants will receive a custom tournament buff style neck gator.
- By participating in the South Shore Striper Tournament you are supporting the NSRWA, a nonprofit that is restoring fisheries – specifically river herring fisheries on the South Shore through citizen science and online monitoring, through dam removals, and habitat restoration.
- Please be safe and abide by the guidance from the state on current Covid-19 guidelines.
- If coronavirus restrictions are not lifted by the tournament date, it will be postponed until August.
The five categories include:
Motorized Boat Angler, Adult – $1,000 Cash Prize
Motorized Boat Angler, 12 and under – Fishing Gear Prize Package
Shore Angler, Adult – $1,000 Cash Prize
Shore Angler, 12 and under – Fishing Gear Prize Package
Fly Fishing, Shore only, All Ages – $1,000 Cash Prize
To Submit a Fish Photo:
- Winning fish will be judged by the length of the fish, and not the weight.
- The total length of the fish is defined from the lower jaw to the end of the tail pushed together.
- The fish should be placed on the provided measuring board, with the lower jaw touching the 90-degree lip at the beginning of the board, and the tail towards the end of the board pinched together to measure fish total length.
- For a picture to be eligible it must have the entire fish in the frame, including the 4-digit registration code on the end of the board; this code will identify the submitted catch to each individual registered angler and their category. For the Fly Fishing division the reel must be in the photo.
- There will be five (5) categories to register under and receive winnings. No angler can win multiple categories without paying for more than one, and those who register for multiple categories cannot win more than one with the same length fish.
- Winning catch will be judged on overall length, and no fish will be manipulated to extend length that would result in damage to the fish.
- For submitted pictures to be eligible, fish must be landed in waters within the following geographic boundaries: Massachusetts Bay, southwest of a line from Nahant to Race Point, Provincetown; with a western boundary of the South Shore land masses and eastern boundary of the outer Cape. No fish caught west of the breakwater of the Sandwich end of the Cape Cod Canal will be eligible.
The Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries has implemented new striped bass conservation regulations aimed at reducing release mortality in 2020. Click here for the new rules.
To obtain your MA Fishing license, please go to this link: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/get-a-recreational-saltwater-fishing-permit
Thank You to Our Sponsors:
River Defender – $5,000
Water Champion – $1,000
River Guardian – $500
Tributary Contributor – $250
- June 12 @ 5:00 pm
- June 14 @ 12:00 pm
- Event Category:
- North and South Rivers Watershed Association