Powered by Planet Subaru
Our charters start in mid-May and run through mid-October depending on weather. They have ended for the season, please check back in the spring.
Arrange for a charter aboard our newly renovated pontoon boat for a tour of the North River, which has National Landmark Designation and is the only State Scenic Protected River.
On this two hour tour, you and your five guests will enjoy the beauty of the river and surrounding landscape, experience the natural habitat for a variety of species, and share memories that will encourage you to return year after year. You are welcome to bring along a picnic lunch/dinner or snacks, along with (regular or adult) beverages.
What You Might See
- Upstream, beyond Union Street – You will see the previous locations of shipyards along the scenic North River from a thriving ship building industry dating back as early as 1670. You might also have sightings of various marine life and bird species living along the river.
- Downstream, from Union Street to The Spit – You might have water-side view of birds, including eagles and ospreys, which feed and nest along the river, in addition to glowing sunsets or (if timed correctly) a moon rise over the coastline.
Booking a Tour
- Form a group (a maximum of six people) for your charter.
- Click here to provide the captain with your contact information and tour preferences. Please check the high tide at Damon’s Point for upstream tours and choose a window 2 hours before or after. This will help you determine the dates of your upstream tour. Downstream tours are not tide-dependent.
- The captain will contact you within 48 hours to finalize a date and time.
Payment to Secure Your Reservation
There are three payment rates:
- Non-Member – $360 (Non-members, includes a $50 family membership)
- Member – $300 (NSRWA members)
- Senior – $265 (All passengers must be 65+ years of age)
Once your charter is confirmed, payment may be made by check or credit card:
- Check (payable to “NSRWA”, mailed to NSRWA, P.O. Box 43, Norwell, MA 02061)
- Credit Card (through our office. Contact Terri via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (781-659-8168) to provide her with your information. DO NOT PROVIDE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION IN AN EMAIL OR PHONE MESSAGE.)
NOTE: Payments will be processed upon completion of a tour, to avoid the need for refunds in the event of a weather cancellation.
DAY OF TOUR
Our pontoon boat tours begin and end at Roht Marine, located at 2205 Main St. (Route 3A), Marshfield, MA 02050. Parking at Roht is limited, so please carpool with your group.
The tour will depart promptly at the confirmed time. You and your entire group are asked to arrive at the boat 15 minutes prior to departure.
Questions? Call Captain Bill at 781-659-8168 x 109 or email email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: If we cancel 48 hours before the scheduled tour you will not be charged. However, if you cancel within 48 hours, we reserve the right to charge your credit card or retain 50% of the cost of the tour.
Weather Cancellation: If the NSRWA cancels a tour due to weather, we will make every attempt to reschedule your tour. Our goal is for you to have a good time and good weather but as we say in New England “Don’t Like the weather? Wait a minute!” The Captain is responsible for determining weather and safety cancellations and will make the call the day of the tour or before.