And the WaterSmart Video Contest Winner is…
All of the votes have been tabulated and there were more than 2,000 votes.
Congratulations to our WaterSmart Video Contest Winner… Ben Cammarata!
All of the entrants received an NSRWA/Harbor Media swag bag for entering. Thank you to all of the entrants for submitting for your amazing videos to help educate people about water!
WaterSMART is a nonprofit partnership between the NSRWA and 12 towns on the South Shore: Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanover, Hingham, Hull, Kingston, Marshfield, Norwell, Pembroke, Rockland, Scituate and Weymouth. Our programs are based on the belief that education is key. Since its creation, WaterSMART has educated thousands of local school-age children, adults, and businesses on water conservation, stormwater pollution, where their water comes from, and how to care for it.
This contest is open to all South Shore residents within the participating WaterSmart South Shore communities: Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanover, Hingham, Hull, Kingston, Marshfield, Norwell, Pembroke, Rockland, Scituate and Weymouth. Those outside the South Shore and its participating WaterSmart towns are not eligible for the contest. The contest is open to all ages however the submitting contact must be age 18 years or older. Participants agree to abide by applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Videos submitted after the June 22, 2020, deadline will NOT be considered. Videos longer than three minutes will also NOT be considered.
- Be at LEAST 1 minute long but NO LONGER than 3 minutes.
- Include stormwater pollution or water conservation facts and ideas pertaining to the WaterSmart South Shore message.
- Be original and creative. This is your time to shine!
- Be free of any copyrighted material (music, tv shows, movies, brands on clothing, movie posters, etc.). If you want to see your video on TV, there must be NO copyrighted material visible.
- Educate and encourage viewers of any age to conserve water and prevent stormwater pollution. Stormwater pollution prevention and water conservation ideas can be found on the WaterSmartSouthShore.org website
- Contain the WaterSmart South Shore logo, NSRWA logo, and Harbor Media Logo. Click here to download logos.
- Contain the website URL www.WaterSmartSouthShore.org
Videos must NOT contain:
- Material that violates, or infringes on, another’s rights, including, but not limited to privacy, publicity, and intellectual property.
- A focus on brand names or trademarks other than the NSRWA logo, WaterSmart South Shore logo, or the Harbor Media logo
- Copyrighted material (such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs).
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous. Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations where the video is created.
- Visual or verbal mention of any websites other than the WaterSmartSouthShore.org or the NSRWA.org websites.
All participants must turn in a signed entry form along with their video submission. Your permission allows us to promote the contest and spread the word on stormwater pollution prevention and water conservation through the use of your message! Please have everyone who appears on the screen fill out the appropriate form. These forms must be completed for you to receive your prize should you be one of our contest winners. Click here to download permission form.
Grand prize – $500 gift card
Other winners – NSRWA/Harbor Media Swag Bag
All footage, including music, must be originally created material (or royalty free). Entries will be void if they are incomplete, late, or are not able to be viewed due to technical error. No entries will be returned. All entrants give the NSRWA and Harbor Media permission to use the videos, including the right to use their names, photographs, and video submissions for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, and to edit or make changes to the video for broadcast. By entering this contest, entrants agree to abide by these contest rules and regulations.
To Submit Your Entry:
Email your video in its original form, either through Dropbox, Google Drive or as an attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a filled-out permission form. YouTube links, Instagram videos, Twitter posts, Facebook uploads, and other mediums will not be considered.
All videos are due by June 22, 2020 by 5 pm.
- 2020 WaterSmart Video Contest
- Fish Out of Water Raffle
- Gardening Green Expo 2021
- Create a Healthy Yard and Go Organic!
- Recycle Water - Too Precious To Waste
- How to Build a Rain Garden
- Indoor Water Conservation
- Pet Waste Education
- Plant a Monarch Garden
- Rain Barrel and Composter Sale
- School Programs
- Septic Systems
- Sign Our Water For People Not Lawns Pledge
- Water Conservation Tips
- Watersmart Business