Please help us keep the South Shore’s waters safe and clean for boating, fishing and swimming, as well as for all the wildlife that call our waters home. Take the pledge to help keep our waters clean, and enter to win one of 12 wall hangings. Your donation advances NSRWA’s efforts for clean waters and healthy rivers on the South Shore. (A donation is not required to win.)
Did you know that storm drains empty unfiltered water into our local rivers and streams?
During rain storms, the excess flow of water from our streets, roads and sidewalks finds its way into our local waterways. Storm drains empty unfiltered directly into our water bodies, so anything that goes into storm drains goes directly into our streams, ponds, rivers, and ultimately the ocean. This is called stormwater pollution, and is the leading cause of water pollution. There are things you can do to help keep our waters clean and prevent flooding as well.
What can I do to help keep storm drains clean?
- Pick up trash and clear any debris blocking the storm drain
- Never dump anything in storm drains, ditches, or streams
- Pick up after your pet and don’t throw pet waste bags down the storm drain
This Art for Water campaign is a part of the WaterSmart program. WaterSmart is a nonprofit partnership between the NSRWA and 12 towns on the South Shore: Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanover, Hingham, Hull, Kingston, Marshfield, Norwell, Pembroke, Rockland, Scituate and Weymouth. Our programs are based on the belief that education is key. Since its creation, WaterSmart has educated thousands of local school-age children, adults, and businesses on water conservation, stormwater pollution, where their water comes from, and how to care for it.
#1 – Artist Becky O’Toole
#2 – Artist Cindy McEachern
#3 – Artist Fish McGill
#4 – Artist Howie Green
#5 – Artist Liz Holbrook
#6 – Artist Marie Pope
#7 – Artist Matthew Zaremba
#8 – Artist Nancy Robertson
#9 – Artists North River Arts Society
#10 – Artist Pam Denholm
#12 – Artist Sheryl Pace
- 2020 WaterSmart Video Contest
- Enter to Win One of 12 Custom Painted Wall Hangings!
- Fish Out of Water Raffle
- Gardening Green Expo 2021
- Create a Healthy Yard and Go Organic!
- Recycle Water - Too Precious To Waste
- How to Build a Rain Garden
- Indoor Water Conservation
- Pet Waste Education
- Plant a Monarch Garden
- Rain Barrel and Composter Sale
- School Programs
- Septic Systems
- Sign Our Water For People Not Lawns Pledge
- Water Conservation Tips
- Watersmart Business