44 Landing Rd, Duxbury, MA 02332, USA
Owned By: Town of Duxbury
A small town-owned beach off Bay Road, on Kingston Bay. Located at the end of Landing Road.
According to information posted on site, this property was within the 80 acres granted to Thomas Prence and his family in 1627. Prence served as governor of Plymouth Colony from 1657-1672.
Prence’s land eventually passed to John Howland, then through several owners ending with James Soule, who operated a shipyard and salt works at the water’s edge. The shipyard remained in the Soule family for 100 years, and was eventually taken over by Renslow Crosby in the late 1800s.
This land is within the region of the Wampanoag tribe.
Habitats and Wildlife
Located on Kingston Bay.
Historic Site: No
Boat Launch: No
Hours: Dawn to Dusk
Parking: No on-site parking.
Benches, informational kiosk, trash receptacles.
Dogs: Dogs must remain on leash. Scoop the poop!
Boat Ramp: No
ADA Access: No
Scenic Views: Yes
Waterbody/Watershed: Kingston Bay (Atlantic Ocean)