226 Beal St, Hingham, MA 02043, USA
Owned By: Town of Hingham
This large grassy area features 2 Little League fields and a football field, with overhead lights, a concession stand, benches and seasonal restrooms. No dogs or golf on the field. Trail access to Bare Cove Park.
The field was established in 2007 and is named in honor of Edward P. Lynch.
According to a historic marker on site, Hingham’s Third Almshouse once stood nearby. Also known as the Town Farm, it was established in 1832, and “served for more than 100 years as a place of refuge for the elderly, destitute, and others whose circumstances rendered them unable to care for themselves.”
This land is within the region of the Massachuseuk (or Massachusett) Native American tribe.
No trails, but from the parking area, you can access the 5-mile trail system within Bare Cove Park.
Habitats and Wildlife
This is a large grassy park, located within the watershed of the Weymouth Back River.
The Weymouth Back River rises from several ponds and swamps, including Whitman Pond in Weymouth. It flows for about 10 miles, and empties into the Atlantic Ocean at Hingham Bay, downstream of Bare Cove Park, and just south of Grape Island and Slate Island.
Historic Site: No
Boat Launch: No
Hours: Dawn to Dusk.
Parking: Ample on-site parking.
Trail Difficulty: Easy
Overhead lights, concession building, benches, seasonal restrooms.
Dogs: No dogs on fields.
Boat Ramp: No
ADA Access: Yes
Scenic Views: Yes
Waterbody/Watershed: Weymouth Back River