109 Main St, Carver, MA 02330, USA
Owned By: Town of Carver
A 5-acre wooded park with war memorials, picnic tables, and a shade pavilion. Located across the street from the Carver Town Hall.
Shurtleff Park was donated to the town in 1908 by Dr. Benjamin Shurtleff, who was born in Carver and became a California pioneer.
This land is within the region of the Pokanoket Wampanoag tribe.
Habitats and Wildlife
This wooded property, featuring mostly white pine trees, is situated within the watershed of South Meadow Brook. The brook flows south through Carver and joins with Rocky Meadow Brook in South Carver to form the Weweantic River. The Weweantic River flows for 17 miles through Carver, Middleborough and Rochester, and drains into Buzzards Bay in Wareham.
Historic Site: No
Boat Launch: No
Size: 5 acres
Hours: Dawn to Dusk
Parking: Limited on-site parking.
Picnic tables, benches, pavilion, trash receptacles, seasonal restrooms. Geocache location.
Dogs: Dogs must remain on leash. Scoop the poop!
Boat Ramp: No
ADA Access: Yes
Scenic Views: Yes
Waterbody/Watershed: South Meadow Brook (Weweantic River watershed)