132R Sandwich St, Plymouth, MA 02360, USA
Owned By: Town of Plymouth
This 7-acre outdoor recreational complex on Plymouth Harbor features tennis and basketball courts, a softball field, a playground, a concession stand with restrooms (in season), a picnic area, and an unimproved launch for small boats. There is also a small pond on site. Stroller-friendly.
In 1930, the Stephens family donated this land to the town of Plymouth to be used for recreation. It had been a landfill from 1915 to 1927, and prior to that, a coastal marsh. The landfill was capped and leveled to provide appropriate space for the recreational facilities that exist there now. In earlier times, this land was within the region of the Patuxet, members of the Wampanoag tribe, who inhabited the area around the Jones River now known as Duxbury, Kingston and Plymouth.
No trails, but ample space for walking around.
Habitats and Wildlife
This grassy park is comprised mostly of athletic fields. There are some oak, cedar and maples trees at the perimeter, and there is a small wetland in the northwestern part of the property. The ocean edge of the property features tidal marsh grasses. The pond is manmade. Please do not feed the waterfowl.
Historic Site: No
Boat Launch: Yes
Size: 7 acres
Hours: Dawn to Dusk
Parking: On-site parking lot.
Trail Difficulty: Easy
Concessions and restrooms in season. Picnic tables, trash and pet waste receptacles. Unimproved launch for small boats.
Dogs: Dogs must remain on leash. Scoop the poop!
Boat Ramp: No
ADA Access: No
Scenic Views: Yes
Waterbody/Watershed: Cape Cod Bay/Atlantic Ocean