Don’t Be a Dinosaur!
Don’t be a dinosaur. Take the pledge to slow down and enjoy the rivers this summer. The speed limit on the North and South Rivers is either 6 knots or no wake. A boat’s wake can be dangerous to people on non-motorized vessels and can cause erosion along our shorelines. Help protect our rivers. Click button below to take the pledge and get a FREE No Wake sticker.
Did you know?
- The speed limit on the North and South Rivers is either 6 knots or no wake.
- Waterskiing and racing are prohibited on the North and South Rivers.
- The North River is the only designated Scenic Protected River in Massachusetts. For more information, visit http://www.
Why does this matter?
- For public safety. Boats share the North and South Rivers with kayaks, paddle boards and canoes. A boat’s wake can be dangerous to people on these non-motorized vessels.
- For the health of the North and South Rivers. Wakes can cause erosion along the shoreline and impact water clarity.
What can we do?