Did you know?
- The speed limit on the North and South Rivers is either 6 knots or no wake.
- Waterskiing and racing are prohibited on the North and South Rivers.
- The North River is the only designated Scenic Protected River in Massachusetts. For more information, visit http://www.
Why does this matter?
- For public safety. Boats share the North and South Rivers with kayaks, paddle boards and canoes. A boat’s wake can be dangerous to people on these non-motorized vessels.
- For the health of the North and South Rivers. Wakes can cause erosion along the shoreline and impact water clarity.
What can we do?
- Take the Pledge!
- Encourage your friends and fellow boaters to slow down.
- Report speeders to RiverSpeeding@gmail.com. Be sure to include the vessel’s registration number, date, time and photo (if possible). That information will be passed on to the local harbormaster.