Now Hiring Part-Time Community Engagement Assistant
The North and South Rivers Watershed Association, Inc. (NSRWA) is a growing environmental nonprofit organization located on the South Shore of Massachusetts. The NSRWA was founded in 1970 and has grown to a community of 6,000+ people, with nearly 1,500 members. The NSRWA seeks to protect our local waters in the North and South Rivers Watershed. To find out more about us please visit our website at www.nsrwa.org
The NSRWA is seeking a part-time Community Engagement Assistant, a 24-28 hour per week position which supports our office, located at 214 South Street in Norwell MA. This position is responsible for being on-site during our public-facing office hours, which are currently Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9 am – 5 pm, but there is some flexibility. We have 10 employees, 16 board members, and hundreds of volunteers. The majority of staff work off-site or hybrid, with the exception of Monday when all staff are on-site.
NSRWA’s Community Engagement Assistant is a key member of the NSRWA staff, working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Development and Community Engagement, and other members of the team, to create and execute flawless administrative systems to support our staff and strengthen the NSRWA’s efforts to improve and protect our watershed’s health.
The Community Engagement Assistant is responsible for:
Administrative Support – Collect mail from P.O. box, make deposits, identify and process electronic transfers of donations, and provide administrative support as needed.
Development Support – Process donations, enter and maintain donation/donor information in the database, and use database for the timely creation, assembly, and delivery of donation acknowledgement letters and new member/new donor packets
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Database Support – Maintain a healthy CRM. Create and update letter templates in the database to use in gift acknowledgements. Assemble and import contact data, and update existing contacts within the database. Query, dedupe, provide reports and overall management of the CRM database.
Event Planning & Logistics Support – Provide logistical and planning support to staff, board, committee members, and volunteers for these events, as needed.
Assist in Managing Facilities and Vehicles – Coordinate vendors for building and vehicle maintenance. Purchase of office supplies. General office maintenance.
Manage Pontoon Boat Tour calendar – Have contact with customers/prospective members and facilitate payment processing of tours.
Phone, In-Person and General Email Requests –Field occasional phone calls, visitors or email inquiries at our office in Norwell. Operate and maintain the auto attendant phone system.
Other Duties as assigned. The NSRWA is a small team and everyone takes on tasks as needed to ensure we are making the biggest impact we can for our service region.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be proficient in CRM database management (Network for Good is our current cloud-based donor database).
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to create and maintain systems.
- Must be proficient in Google Drive, Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets, MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work with a team as well as individually.
- Must be trustworthy, reliable and work well with the public.
- Physically capable of lifting 20 lbs. or more and going up and down stairs and on uneven surfaces.
- Must have a strong commitment to environmental protection and a drive to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and transportation and be able to pass a background check.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, stand; walk, talk and hear. The employee is required to sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ideal candidates will have had experience working with development operations and gift acknowledgement best practices.
This position is located at 214 South Street, Norwell MA. Must be able to work from the office.
$18-$20 per hour
Hours: 24-28 hours per week. Hours are flexible but should be consistent week to week. Will mainly take place Mon – Fri during typical business hours, although some work outside of a typical business day is expected during events and busy seasons.
Submit the following application components through Indeed:
Resume (including three professional references)
Deadline to apply is Friday February 23, 2024.
It is the policy of the NSRWA to consider all candidates equally without regard to age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or other non-merit factors.