Join NSRWA for a fun weekend of fishing!
Sponsored by VERC Enterprises
Friday, June 7–Sunday, June 9, 2019
$4,000 in cash and additional prizes for winning anglers!
- The tournament starts at 5:00 pm Friday, June 7, and catch records can be submitted for eligibility from then until 12:00 noon on Sunday, June 9.
- Wrap-up and awards banquet to be held at Roht Marine at 1:00 pm on Sunday, where food will be provided to participants with a cash bar.
- This is a catch and release tournament. Winners will be chosen from photos submitted within time limits of tournament only. Submit catch pictures by texting or e-mailing email@example.com.
- Catch records will not be considered eligible before 5:00 pm Friday, or after 12:00 noon on Sunday, June 9.
- Online registration closes on Friday, June 7 at 12:00 noon.
- Adult entries are $70 pre-registration, $75 day of. Children 12 and under will be $35 pre-registration $40 day of.
The six categories include:
Motorized Boat Angler, Adult – $1,000 Cash Prize
Motorized Boat Angler, 12 and under – Fishing Gear Prize Package
Shore Angler, Adult – $1,000 Cash Prize
Shore Angler, 12 and under – Fishing Gear Prize Package
Kayak/Paddle Powered Angler, All ages – $1,000 Cash Prize
Fly Fishing, Shore only, All Ages – $1,000 Cash Prize
To Submit a Fish Photo:
- Winning fish will be judged by the length of the fish, and not the weight.
- The total length of the fish is defined from the lower jaw to the end of the tail pushed together.
- The fish should be placed on the provided measuring board, with the lower jaw touching the 90-degree lip at the beginning of the board, and the tail towards the end of the board pinched together to measure fish total length.
- For a picture to be eligible it must have the entire fish in the frame, including the 4-digit registration code on the end of the board; this code will identify the submitted catch to each individual registered angler and their category. For the Fly Fishing division the reel must be in the photo.
- There will be six (6) categories to register under and receive winnings. No angler can win multiple categories without paying for more than one, and those who register for multiple categories cannot win more than one with the same length fish.
- Anglers fishing in Kayak/Paddle Powered Angler division, are required to launch from shore, and land on shore under their own power, and are prohibited from launching from a power vessel, or be transported to fishing grounds with the aid of a power vessel.
- Winning catch will be judged on overall length, and no fish will be manipulated to extend length that would result in damage to the fish.
- For submitted pictures to be eligible, fish must be landed in waters within the following geographic boundaries: Massachusetts Bay, southwest of a line from Point Allerton, Hull to Race Point, Provincetown; with a western boundary of the South Shore land masses and eastern boundary of the outer Cape. No fish caught west of the breakwater of the Sandwich end of the Cape Cod Canal will be eligible.
- In the event that the difference in length between two or more winning fish in one category cannot be discerned by tournament regulation committee, then prize money will be divided equally.
- Participants can pick up their tournament packet, or register day of at Belsan’s Bait and Tackle located at 4 Brook Street, Scituate, MA on Friday, June 7 after 3:00 pm. Catch records will not be considered eligible before 5:00 pm that evening, or after 12:00 noon on Sunday, June 9. You will receive more information by email closer to the tournament date.
Thank you to our sponsors: