Looking to increase your portfolio and get your artwork in front of the public? The NSRWA is looking for local artists to create the logo for our 2022 Great River Race, which is on Sunday, July 24, 2022.
The winning design will be used in all of our marketing materials and prominently displayed on the race T-shirts worn throughout the event by participants, volunteers and staff. In addition, the winning artist will receive shirts displaying their artwork, a press release sent to local media, and posts recognizing their work on out social media.
Here is the event link to learn more about the race: https://www.nsrwa.org/event/2022-great-river-race/
The requirements for the logo design are:
- The logo must contain the following wording: “2022 NSRWA Great River Race” or “32nd Annual NSRWA Great River Race”
- The image size should be a maximum of 12” wide and 12” tall
- The colors of the design must look good as a stand-alone logo, as well as look good on the selected shirt colors: Sapphire, Heather Orange, and Kelly Green
- The logo can use 2 spot colors that look good on the shirt colors shown above
- Entries must be submitted in scalable vector graphic format, due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing
- The logo must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It should be visually appealing on both small and large scales.
- Artists are advised against the use of halftones and gradients.
- The NSRWA logo does not need to be part of the design. However, the NSRWA logo colors – Blue PMS-3015, Green PMS-349 – can be used in the design, but it is not required.
Other important details include:
- Entries must be emailed to Lori@nsrwa.org by Friday, June 17.
- The submission email must include: the full name of the person who designed the logo, age, address, phone number, and email address
- All artists must affirm that their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity
- The winning design will be selected by the 2022 Great River Race Committee. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept of the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above
- The source files of the winning design entry must be uploaded within 24 hours of winner selection
- All entries will become the property of NSRWA and may be used for any NSRWA purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, posters, social media and other materials