Perfect job for a stay at home parent looking to keep their professional skills up to date and put those skills to work for a good cause. The North and South Rivers Watershed Association, Inc. (NSRWA) is a growing non-profit grassroots environmental organization located on the South Shore of Massachusetts. We are seeking a part-time 20 hour per week Administrative Assistant to support our team at our offices, located at 214 South Street, Norwell MA. We have 4 full time employees, 16 board members, over 1,100 members and hundreds of volunteers. The NSRWA Administrative Assistant is a key member of the staff who will work closely with the Executive Director and other members of our team to ensure smooth and efficient office operations. Preferred hours of work at the office are 9 am – 2 pm, Monday – Thursday, some flexibility is available.
- Create and implement office management systems
- Organize digital and physical filing system to optimize efficiency
- Maintain office equipment and supplies
- Program and event planning and logistics support
- Accounting and development support – prepping invoices, implementing mailings, processing deposits, and preparing acknowledgements for individual donations
- Database management support – working with the staff to update, query, provide reports and manage the list of contacts
- Phone and general e-mail requests – articulately field phone calls, emails and personal visitors to the office and ensure they are responded to appropriately
- Other duties as assigned – take on tasks to support our team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to create and maintain office systems
- Must be proficient in working with MS Word, Excel and a database
- Must be technologically savvy
- Must be able to work with a team as well as individually
- Must work well with the public
- Must have a strong commitment to environmental protection and a drive to fulfill the organization’s mission
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with social media and WordPress
- Ability to problem solve computer technology issues
- Previous experience working with volunteers
Location and Other Requirements:
This position is located at 214 South Street, Norwell. Must be able to work from the office and have their own transportation. Must be able to move files, program materials and equipment, up to 30lbs, up and down stairs.
This is an hourly paid position in the range of $12-$15 per hour depending upon experience.
20 hours per week. Preferred hours of work at the office are 9 am – 2 pm, Monday – Thursday, some flexibility is available. Some work hours will be outside a typical business day during events and busy seasons. Stay at home parent friendly hours.
Submit the following application components through Indeed:
- Cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position
- Resume outlining your past relevant work experience (including three professional references)
Position is open until filled.
It is the policy of the NSRWA to consider all candidates equally without regard to age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or other non-merit factors.