The 9th Annual Harvest Moon Feast on Monday, September 26th from 6-9pm, will feature the finest restaurants on the South Shore. Sponsored by the North and South Rivers Watershed Association, the proceeds from this event directly support the NSRWA environmental education programs which provide children and adults unique opportunities to engage in hands-on environmental science and to learn about protecting our rivers.
At the Mill Wharf Restaurant on Scituate Harbor, attendees will get to sample dishes from the South Shore’s finest restaurants, listen to great jazz and enjoy complimentary wine and beer tastings. One of the participating vendors is Mullaney’s Fish Markets with locations in Cohasset and Scituate. Joe Norton, owner of Mullaney’s (right), has been in the business for 30 years and bought the restaurants 10 years ago. He loves working with the local fishermen and community to provide the freshest seafood from the South Shore. Joe says, “If it’s not local I don’t sell it” and takes pride in promoting local products. For the Harvest Moon Feast he will most likely be serving his lobster corn chowder and either a cod or halibut ceviche, depending on what is fresh that day.
Additional restaurants have been added to our participating vendor list, including The Chef’s Table, Pembroke and Lavishly Dunn, Rockland. Chef Chris Treantafel of the Mill Wharf in Scituate, host location for the Harvest Moon Feast, plans on offering a variety of contemporary American dishes. Tastings prepared that night will include a roasted corn and clam chorizo pizza and blackened mahi mahi sliders with remoulade sauce. Please help make our Harvest Moon Feast a success and ensure our environmental education programs continue to have great impact in our communities!
Enjoy tastings from:
- Mill Wharf, Scituate
- Mullaney’s Fish Markets, Cohasset, Scituate
- Galley Kitchen & Bar, Scituate
- The Silent Chef, Scituate
- The Tinker’s Son, Norwell
- Ellen Mackenzie Caterer Inc., Scituate
- Hola, Marshfield
- PJ’s Country House, Scituate
- Bia Bistro, Cohasset
- Standish Shore Oysters by Pangea Shellfish Co.
- Riva, Scituate
- Rivershed, Scituate
- Saquish Oyster Company, Plymouth
- French Memories Bakery, Cohasset
- The Chef’s Table, Pembroke
- Lavishly Dunn, Rockland
Complimentary craft beer and wine tastings:
Enjoy music by:
Brief live auction with Willis Henry
- Kappy’s Fine Wine & Spirits, Wine Party for 30
- Verge Diamonds and Jewelry Minot Light Necklace
- NSRWA Pontoon Boat Charter Cruise
- Red Sox Tickets by Mr. Drain Inc.
- Fourth Cliff Tool Company Oyster Knife
- Gift Certificate to Barker Tavern
Proceeds benefit the North and South Rivers Watershed Association educational programs.